Monday, June 18, 2018

In search of: Comfort food freezer meal ideas/recipes

Brief story/background/context: My sister lives a few hours away and has a 5 month old baby. Whenever I see her, I tend to make a cooler full of frozen meals for them because they don't always have time to cook.

But sometimes being a mom takes its toll. So for the next package I give her, I want to include a special emergency meal. I want it to be a single, delicious meal that can sit in the freezer for a month or two and will require no cooking beyond throwing it in the oven or microwave or on the stove for a bit. It shouldn't be something that needs to be thawed a day in advance or really much of any advanced planning on her part. This is meant as a sort of "in case of emergency, break glass."

It's a tall order, and I'm willing to spend as much time as needed to prepare it. (Multi-day recipes are fine.) But I'm hitting a brick wall of ideas and hoping you can help. Thanks for reading.

BONUS: I'm also going to include some kind of dessert. I might just resort to mochi because it packages well and I'm not overly concerned about it sitting in the freezer for a while.

submitted by /u/FoundOmega
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment