Friday, June 22, 2018

Looking for some reasonably quick new recipes suitable for 1

I'm a single dude living by myself, looking to expand my recipe repertoire. I've never been particularly interested in cooking and have a fair amount of limitations which has made it difficult to find new recipes that seem to work for me. That said, I certainly wouldn't mind learning some new cooking techniques as needed. I'll list out my rules here, please leave a suggestion if you have something you think would fit the bill!

Right now my rotation consists of turkey tacos, parmesan breaded pork w/ pasta (red sauce) and green beans (frozen), basil pork pasta (red sauce), chicken fried rice, and carne asada w/ rice and green beans (frozen). The chicken fried rice is my most recent addition and definitely the most complex to make.

  • No seafood
  • Nothing salad based
  • Must be high protein
  • Ready in around 30 minutes or less. Nothing that requires significant pre-prep, leaving in a slow cooker all day, etc... I just don't plan ahead that far
  • Can't involve ingredients that go bad quickly. I'm cooking for 1 and don't usually go grocery shopping more than once every week or two. For my current meals I buy my meats in bulk and freeze them in portion size.
  • Can't require a BBQ

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Dolmur
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment