Saturday, June 23, 2018

Chicken with Rice and Beans

Ingredients

  • 4 Chicken Thighs
  • Salt
  • Black Pepper
  • Red Pepper Flakes
  • Green Onions
  • Kalamata Olives
  • Black Beans
  • Rice
  • Wild Olive Oil
  • Chicken Broth

Directions

  1. First off, start the coals on the grill now. I am a huge charcoal fan and really like the Cowboy lump charcoal. It works really well for me. So the first thing I do is get the coals going. Don’t put any chicken on the grill until they are super hot and spread out.
  2. Cook your rice! - Rice takes a little while. We have an amazing rice cooker that cooks rice perfectly every time. For 4 thighs, I do 2 cups of rice with 2 cups of chicken broth. Get that going.
  3. Prepping those thighs. Last night I made 4 thighs. In a large bowl, throw the thighs in and sprinkle a liberal amount of salt and black butcher pepper (probably 1-2 tables spoons of each). Then add about half as much red pepper flakes as you added black pepper. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Toss the thighs to coat them evenly.
  4. Prepping Rice Mixture. So we want to make our rice sexy. For 2 cups of rice, chop up 6 green onions and about a quarter cup of Kalamata olives chopped fine. We are going to use Kalamata olives in place of salt in our rice.
  5. Grilling the Chicken Thighs. Grill chicken to 165 degrees. I personally grill to about 160 and let it rest. When I grill I keep the skin side down about twice as long as the other side. I want the skin to be super crispy when I eat it. In the picture, I got this thigh a little dark… but I still love that taste. (Blog post with picture: https://www.robbluther.com/blog/chicken-rice-and-black-beans/)
  6. Finish the Rice. All you need to do once the rice is done is add a can of black beans and stir that up. Then add your green onions and Kalamata olives. Mix this up evenly.
  7. Putting it all together! Finally, put your rice in a bowl and lay a nice crispy chicken thigh on top of it. Drizzle the entire dish liberally with some of that wild olive oil. I use Greek olive oil by Liokareas.

Let me know if you like this please!

submitted by /u/hectorbdead
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment