Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Hot Chorizo Chili

Ingredients

  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 1 lb ground hot chorizo
  • 1 lb lean ground burger (beef or turkey)
  • 1 & 1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne (double this if you substitute out the hot chorizo)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbs chili powder
  • 1 large can (28 Oz) whole tomatoes, with juice
  • 1 can (16 Oz) kidney beans, drained (you can double this if you want)
  • 1 cup water

Directions

  1. In the bottom of a large pot, saute onion in oil until translucent
  2. Add ground chorizo and burger, pepper, & minced garlic
  3. Cook until meat is done, then drain grease
  4. Return drained ingredients to the pot, adding the spices, water, beans, and tomatoes. Be sure to break up tomatoes in the pot
  5. Cover and simmer for 1 hour

Notes

  • I personally prefer turkey to beef, but most people would likely use ground beef
  • This recipe is a bit spicy, and I've played with it until I got it just right for my taste (I previously used 1/2 teaspoon cayenne and hot chorizo which definitely had me sweating a bit)
  • I don't like too many beans in my chili but the original recipe calls for 2 cans if that's up your alley
  • You can skip sautéing the onion if you want to, but I like to do that first because I feel that it really brings out the flavor of the onion

Edit: formatting

submitted by /u/z97_zak
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment