Monday, April 29, 2019

[Request] Red bean dish from Puerto Rico

While on vacation almost ten years ago in Puerto Rico, my husband and I ate dinner at this tiny, hole in the wall restaurant, in San Juan. The owner was an older gentleman and the place was empty. They kept bringing us things to try, like special hot sauce they’ve been curing for a while. I ordered this red bean dish, as a side, and it was orgasmic.

It was just red beans, which I like, but they had this bright taste to them that I have yet to find anywhere else. These beans were the best thing I’ve ever eaten in my life. They weren’t super salty or savory. I couldn’t put my finger on why they were so special. The only word I can think to describe them is bright and light.

Does anyone have any ideas on what was in those red beans? I raved about them to the owner and waiter. It was a magical experience that I would love to replicate at home. This place was less than 2 blocks from the ocean near the Marriott resort in San Juan.

submitted by /u/kumf
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment