Thursday, April 25, 2019

Healthier Comfort Food?

Anyone have suggestions for healthier/lower calorie versions of comfort food? I'm talking stuff like mac and cheese, cheesecake, lasagna, stroganoff. Carb-heavy, usually cheesy, delicious goodness. They're my absolute favourite foods, and I don't want to have to stop eating them forever.

  • Texture is like 90% of food to me, so the replacements would need to have essentially the same texture.
    • Some textures I find flat-out inedible, like most whole grains (whole wheat pasta is fine, but not whole wheat bread), anything that's squishy but looks like it should be crunchy, and beans of all varieties (except string beans). I will involuntarily gag and possibly vomit if I have to eat them, so I don't.
  • Exact same flavour isn't as important, but they should at least be in the same flavour profile.
  • I love most veggies other than a few exceptions (zucchini, eggplant, arugula, kale, cooked bell peppers, avocado).
  • I'm not a big on spicy food, and find it generally unpleasant.
  • I live in a small city in southern Ontario, so nothing crazy exotic ingredients-wise. I'd probably have to drive to another city to buy it, and that's just a hassle.
submitted by /u/Fuzzlechan
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment