Thursday, April 25, 2019

Looking for your favorite, good-for-groups-or-leftovers Cast-Iron Pan recipes! Especially anything Tomatoey or potentially healthy!

Well, that was a longer title than I thought it'd be.

No matter. So, I've been playing with my old 12-inch Cast-iron pan lately and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. Made eggs, a peach cobbler, some sweet-potato monstrosity, that sort of thing. Today, I was thinking about other things I could do with it and started looking up recipes for mac and cheese, pizza (especially chicago deep-dish), and some other stuff, and decided that I may as well come here and widen my palate.

What, exactly, am I looking for? Well, I usually cook for multiple people, or with the intent to have left-overs. Generally, I don't like spending all day on a dish; convenience is kind of important. I also try to eat healthy... ish, or to make things healthy (throwing in black-bean noodles into pasta, that sort of thing). Healthy isn't absolutely necessary here, obviously; I have pizza and mac-and-cheese on the damn list. Lately, I've been jonesing for something tomato-ey and filling. Pizza, mac-and-cheese, and chili are all good, obviously, but I'm also looking for other suggestions that might be good for my cast-iron pan and good for feeding handfuls of people.

If you know any good recipes that fit the bill, throw them my way and I'll give 'em a go, see how I like them. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/katsu695
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment