Tuesday, April 30, 2019

[Request] Mexican restaurant shredded chicken taco meat recipe

I have searched endlessly for this recipe online and have had no luck finding it.

At some Mexican restaurants they have chicken tacos made with shredded chicken. The chicken looks slow cooked and contains onions and dark green peppers (not sure if they are bell peppers or not but my guess would be that they are a different kind). The onions and peppers are clearly visible (maybe 1 inch long). The chicken has a slight orange/red tint, possibly from tomatoes but it could be from something else. It is also extremely wet and always drips out of the taco when eating it and leaves the tortilla soggy. The taste doesn't suggest that it has a lot of the traditional Mexican spices (cumin, etc.) but it might contain some.

Anyway, I'd love to make this at home. I'm hoping to find someone who has worked at a Mexican restaurant who can tell me for sure the recipe. Thank you for all your help!

Additional info: I have mainly found this at Mexican restaurants in Ohio and Kentucky.

submitted by /u/Neurohacker2555
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment