Sunday, June 30, 2019

Need help converting stubborn parents!

I recently moved in with my parents for one month (in between school and moving to a new state for a job). Growing up my parents would cook pretty much the same week: oven baked unseasoned (usually overcooked) piece of meat, with a bunch of steamed or boiled veggies, and some type of starch (potato, rice, corn, etc.). They continue to cook like this every day, every week. I grew up thinking that chicken was supposed to hurt your jaw from the chewing, and I thought I hated pork. Turns out my parents just aren’t good cooks.

Every now and then, yeah, it’s not bad. But in general, I hate their cooking. It’s bland and boring. Now that I’ve moved in, I’ve volunteered to “chip in” by cooking the food, cleaning the kitchen, etc. They were great with that, until I told them the types of things I wanted to cook (baked ziti, Salisbury steak, pork agrodolce with roasted veggies, etc.). They say they don’t want any change, and what I’m choosing is “too fancy”. They won’t compromise with me. I don’t know what to do anymore!!! Anyone have any suggestions???

submitted by /u/justice1193
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment