Friday, June 28, 2019

What is this Thai dish called?

Hi everyone! Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I am looking for the name or recipe for a specific Thai dish that’s made with zucchini and scrambled eggs. I used to work at a pretty authentic Thai restaurant, so the family meal was always super authentic (the FOH guys from Bangkok would describe the food as “rustic”, which I’m pretty sure means from the northern and kinda rural areas) and this was my absolute favorite dish of all the amazing stuff they’d make us. I asked the line cook who made it a few times what it was and how to make it but he would always just answer “it’s zucchini and eggs”.

Maybe he just had some sort of magic touch, but I haven’t been able to ever recreate how delicious this was and I’d love to find the name of the dish if there is one- it could just be something he liked to make and not an actual staple in Thai cuisine.

The zucchini was sliced into rounds, and mixed in with the eggs. There was definitely soy sauce in there, and I’m pretty sure some onion. It was salty and savory and I can’t stress this enough, so tasty. If this question does get answered, I really suggest everyone reading this who likes good food tries it.

submitted by /u/meowllie
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment