Saturday, July 27, 2019

Hot and sweet marinade

Disclaimer: I think this style has been made for and it probably has an actual name for it but at the moment I am not sure. Just let me know if this sort of marinade does have a specific name.

So I marinaded my chicken but this goes well for other meats as well. The basic recipe is Mexican Hot sauce (aromatic ones that may be made with other vegetables) and honey in a 3:2 ratio. I eyeballed it but the consistency I think works best when not thick but not runny. If you pour some from a spoon it should run off quickly but still be able to coat most of the spoon. After this point I added some Garlic Paste mainly because the garlic taste and smell is much better but feel free to just use minced garlic instead.

For seasonings, I just added the basic Salt and pepper but I'd recommend a bit of chili powder or paprika as well.

This the basic recipe but this can be modified a great much. For a more zingy taste, add a small bit of ginger, lemon or lime zest and finally a bit of juice from the lemon or lime. The base of this marinade is the honey and hot sauce so whatever you add, make sure it doesn't overpower that too much.

This is my first recipe and it smells really good. I will be making Chicken Rice with this tomorrow. I hope you enjoy this recipe

submitted by /u/Lunar_GizMo
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment