Monday, July 29, 2019

Blackened Fish Sandwich with Fresh Coleslaw

This is my first recipe post but it SLAMS so I figured I would share. Be gentle I’ve never written recipes before.

Backstory: I live in South Louisiana for work, not by choice. Did some fishing this summer and have a freezer full of speckled trout. Down here, poboys are everywhere- and I love poboys more than anything- but so are fried foods. One morning I was making a sandwich for lunch and used some leftover fish and coleslaw I made the night before. It. Was. Amazing. This recipe is based on a healthier alternative to a poboy.

Ingredients:

Submarine bread - I used ciabatta subs but anything that looks like a poboy is what you want.

Fish fillets - I honestly don’t think it matters what kind because you’re going to blacken it in spices and butter. Get enough to fill a sub

Butter

Cajun seasoning - or whatever you want your fish to taste like. Tony Sachers is too salty. Go for flavor, not salt.

Mayonnaise

Grey Poupon mustard (this is optional)

Green Cabbage

Red cabbage

Carrot strips

Lemons

Lemon juice

Honey

Salt

Black Pepper

Extra light olive oil

  1. Make your coleslaw

Cut up half a green cabbage, and a quarter of a red cabbage and put in a bowl. Add half a cup of carrot strips. Add zest of 2 lemons in the bowl. Mix.

Now the dressing. Get a separate small bowl to mix. Pour 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, add salt and black pepper to taste. I’m generous with salt and pepper

Note: I squeeze the two lemons I zested first, then I add lemon juice to get 1/4 cup. Add a little extra if you want, make it how you like it!

Pour in bowl with cabbage and mix. Cover and place in fridge.

  1. Blacken fish

Melt butter in a small bowl and add seasoning. Should be a butter and seasoning hot tub of deliciousness. Take your fish fillet and dunk it in butter/seasoning concoction. Place in a hot pan and cook till it’s done - maybe this is pan frying? Idk. It’s good this way, gets a little crispy.

  1. Assembly sandwich

Mayo, to taste, mustard, to taste, add fish, coleslaw, and EAT

If you have questions, let me know. And most of all, enjoy!

submitted by /u/HarryMcButtTits
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment