Thursday, July 25, 2019

Trying to recreate or find a similar marinade that isn't sold in stores anymore.

Hello!

My family used to cook with this marinade about 11 years ago. We all still talk about it and I finally decided to take the time and track down as much as I could about it.

I was able to find the exact product on amazon. (https://www.amazon.com/Seasons-Aspen-Marinade/dp/B00012HR76).

The amazon link provides the list of ingredients, but not the amount. I'm assuming they are listed like they are on food labels (in order of predominance).

ingredients: Apples solids, apple juice, soy sauce, sugar, fermented rice, water, fresh garlic, fresh onion, fresh ginger.

I would love to find out if this is a common type of sauce and find out if a different company makes something similar.

Or if I make it myself I need some culinary advice. For the Apples solids I would probably just mash it up a bit. But for the apple juice I guess I would just buy any apple juice drink at the store. But maybe mix the two and just buy apple sauce? What do you think?

And for fermented rice... I am just completely lost.

Any advice would help! Thanks!

submitted by /u/halpan
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment