Monday, March 25, 2019

Help! I'm completely out of my element!

Y'all, I grew up with old fashioned, southern, comfort food and soul food style cooking. This is all I know. Butter, gravy, richness and carbs.

And it shows.

But now I'm really in a bind. I'm trying to cook healthy. But I don't know how. I keep stumbling into roadblocks. And now I really don't have a choice.

I need recipes, ideas, anything. These are my constraints:

  • must feed 4 people. 2 adults, 2 children(young enough to share a portion) and a lunch.

  • due to dietary/health issues, no milk, salads, greens, butter, shellfish, coconut, or soy.

  • hard no to curries or chickpeas. Hummus is fine.

  • prefer no beans or fish. But they can deal, so if you have a stellar recipe, please don't hesitate!

  • pregnancy safe, toddler safe

  • I cannot stand currently for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. I also do not have a safe place to sit and chop food. There are a lot of veggies you can get canned, frozen, or prechopped, but theres a lot you can't.

Please, ANY help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/lilmisschainsaw
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment