Monday, May 28, 2018

Help! Need to find a way to "mimic" stone-ground cornmeal!

Imagine being from Texas and living in a world in which one can not find stone-ground cornmeal with which to make real Texas Honey Jalapeno cornbread.

I'll wait for you to recover...

I apologize for putting you through that, but that's the world I live in right now.

According to my understanding (which could be lacking), the major difference between stone-ground and regular (aside from the germ (most likely) being intact), is that the corn is not ground in a uniform way, leaving it more varied in shape and size, ranging from around grit sized, down to flour sized.

Now... Is there any way to "mimic" this by, perhaps, mixing various cornmeal grinds? If not, do you have any other suggestions? This is kind of important to me, as it has to do with my business.

Thanks

submitted by /u/CarpeNoctu
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment