Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Cinnamon Roll Cake

This is a really nice, rich "coffee cake" type recipe that I've been making for years. Not sure where I found it.

Ingredients

Cake:

  • 3 c. all-purpose flour

  • 1/4 tsp. salt

  • 1 c. white sugar

  • 4 tsp. baking powder

  • 1 1/2 c. milk

  • 2 eggs

  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract

  • 1 Tbsp. cinnamon

  • 1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:

  • 1 c. butter, softened

  • 1 c. brown sugar

  • 2 Tbsp. flour

  • 1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Glaze:

  • 2 c. powdered sugar

  • 5 Tbsp. milk

  • 1 tsp. vanilla

** Directions**

  • Mix all cake ingredients together except for the butter.

  • Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

  • For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife.

  • Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

  • While warm, drizzle the glaze over the cake.

Notes

  • I have made this with oil once when I was short on butter. It works, but it is definitely not as flavorful as with the butter and I don't really recommend it.

  • I've found that the cake can really dry out after a few days, so keep it covered if you won't be serving immediately. If I plan to bring this cake to an event, I don't make it farther ahead than the night before.

  • The glaze measurements are just a guideline, I just keep adding milk until it reaches the desired consistency.

submitted by /u/JulieJulep
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment