Saturday, May 19, 2018

[Question] What else can I add to a salmon cake? + fish questions.

I don't eat fish or seafood, so I'm hoping to get a little help, as I have no idea what tastes good with it.

My toddler loves my homemade spinach salmon cakes. There is low sodium canned salmon, cooked spinach, eggs, and bread crumbs in it.

I need to keep the spinach in it, as he's off veggies. Ugh, toddlers.

Any ideas what I can add to my spinach salmon cakes to help keep them interesting? I tried canned crab Once, but I'm hoping for something fresh and less processed and little to no salt added.

I made a homemade tartar sauce that he loves on them. I used dill pickle relish as he loves dill pickles. So I'd need to know if the new ingredient would pair ok with the tarter sauce or not.

I don't need amounts, as I'm pretty good at figuring that sort of thing out on my own. Unless it's important to only add a tiny amount or something not obvious.

Also, could I use raw salmon to make these cakes? My store sells a whole(no head and no guts) pink salmon for about $10-$20. I was thinking to pressure cook the salmon to soften the bones. I'm hoping this would make the salmon healthier over the canned stuff.

Can I replace the salmon with pan fish? I love to fish on the shore, and I upgraded all my gear so I could enjoy fishing more. Pressure cook pan fish?

I'm open to opinions and suggestions. Any help to make his fav food better and to add more variety

submitted by /u/hemipenis
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment