Wednesday, August 23, 2017

[Request] Authentic British Banoffee Pie recipe

Hello! I was recently in Ireland and stumbled upon one of the most delicious pies I've ever tried--the banoffee pie (apparently it originated in the U.K., but I've never seen it in any American bakeries or restaurants). I'm determined to recreate what I experienced and googled the recipe. There are quite a few recipes out there, all with slight variations. Many user comments on the recipes mentioned that they found them "missing something," or not quite authentic. Could anyone point me in the direction of an authentically-British recipe, or one you've made yourself and love? Thanks in advance!!

[the cafe I had this pie at is the Foam Cafe in Dublin--I HIGHLY recommend it if you ever find yourself there! The pie was "close your eyes and sigh"-amazing!]

submitted by /u/love_is_orange
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment