Sunday, June 25, 2017

Maple peach barbecue sauce recipe

This maple peach barbecue sauce is sweet, tangy and spicy. It is paleo friendly, vegan and gluten-free and is super simple to make. We’re still staying at our place on Lake Champlain, which we share with my sister and her husband. The food sharing has been a little less smooth going so far this summer, and I have realized that my girls are chowing down on my sister’s groceries without my knowing it.

This is how I found myself making a trip to the store yesterday in search of replacement peaches and plums that my little snackers had pillaged from Jessie’s fruit stockpile. When I got there I saw that local Vermont peaches were finally here I went a little wild and bought enough peaches to resupply Jessie’s stash plus some. On the way home the girls and I brainstormed what to make with the extra peaches that would work for dinner and the blog. I mentioned the idea of making peach barbecue sauce with maple syrup and my oldest daughter told me I HAD to make it.

 Maple peach barbecue sauce 
  • Prep Time: 15 minutes
  • Total Time: 1 hour
  • Yield: 1 3/4 cups
  • Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
  • Calories per serving: 47
  • Fat per serving: 1 g
  • Saturated fat per serving: 0 g
  • Carbs per serving: 9 g
  • Protein per serving: 0 g
  • Fiber per serving: 1 g
  • Sugar per serving: 8 g
  • Sodium per serving: 254 mg

Maple peach barbecue sauce Maple peach barbecue sauce, paleo friendly, vegan and gluten-free. This no tomato barbecue sauce is sweet and spicy and tangy. Brush it over chicken in the last few minutes of grilling.

Ingredients

  • 2 teaspoons avocado oil or organic canola oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
  • ¼ teaspoon cumin
  • Generous pinch allspice
  • 2 peaches, peeled and diced
  • ¼ cup pure maple syrup, dark or amber
  • 4 teaspoons cider vinegar

Instructions

  • 1-Swirl oil in the bottom of a large saucepan. Add onion, cover and place over medium heat. Cook, removing lid and stirring occasionally until the onion is softened and starting to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle salt, chipotle, cumin, and allspice and cook stirring until the spices are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add peaches, maple syrup and vinegar, and stir to coat. Cover and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low or to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the peaches are completely soft and breaking down, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids.) Cool before using.

    Source link : Maple peach barbecue sauce recipe

submitted by /u/flashwebbe
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment