Sunday, June 25, 2017

haida-dev

Helloooo summer! Okay it’s not official but it seems official since the kids are getting out of school, and it’s getting seriously warm, and the suns almost always out, and I couldn’t be more ready for all the beach days! I’m also super excited about all the fresh summer fruits and veggies. Yep I’m a total foodie, I look forward to good produce :). I recently bought a ton of squash and zucchini since it was on sale and now I have to figure out what to do with all of it. First thing of course I knew I was going to saute some of it because that’s one of my go-to uses for squash. Usually I just do zucchini but to make it more colorful and to add more flavor this time around I added yellow squash and grape tomatoes as well (and it’s just like the roasted version but it’s quicker!). With that said you don’t have to all three (squash, zucchini and tomatoes). You can use all squash or all zucchini (24 oz total) then omit the tomatoes – but keep the other measurements the same.

 Skillet Garlic-Parmesan Zucchini Squash and Tomatoes 

Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 12 oz . zucchini (about 2 medium), diced into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 12 oz . yellow squash (about 2 medium), diced into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
  • 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 3/4 tsp garlic powder
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese

Instructions

  • 1-Heat olive oil and butter in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in zucchini and squash and saute 2 minutes. Add in tomatoes then evenly sprinkle in Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper). Continue to saute, tossing occasionally, until squash is tender and tomatoes are beginning to burst, about 3 - 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle in half the parmesan and toss then sprinkle remaining parmesan over top. Serve warm.

  • 2-Recipe source: Cooking Classy

Source link: Skillet Garlic-Parmesan Zucchini Squash and Tomatoes

submitted by /u/haida-dev
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment