Thursday, May 28, 2020

Recipes for sandwiches

Hey guys!

So, long story short, my mom and I are continuing our family restaurant (used to be classic Belgian-French kitchen) since my aunt got out of the business. However, we want to focus more on sandwiches, panini and salads and some 100% homemade dishes like stoofvlees (belgian meat stew), vol au vent, soup, lasagna, etc.

Now, the traditional way of making a sandwich over here (we call it a 'broodje') is a small baguette with meat or cheese or whatever and toppings. Like Subway style but without the processed stuff.

Anyways, I'm looking for recipe ideas, neat combinations that we don't have here back in Belgium, because everyone always does the same stuff. And preferably also possible to turn into a salad (isn't mandatory but we have to take food expense really serious after this COVID stuff). I'm also looking for several bread options. Like, would you want your sandwich to be on bread? Baguette? Pistolet? Maybe, if possible in panini or salad style?

Sorry if I sound a bit all over the place, it's hard to explain since I usually speak Dutch/Flemish.

Please, hit me with your best combo ideas!

(Also good to know, we do love ourself a royal portion of meat or charcuterie, but over here we're quite keen on eating cold sandwiches with lots of veggies on top as well. Plus, it's a big restaurant and at some times my mom or me would have to run the place alone, both kitchen and FOH, so standing behind the stove for a while will be difficult.)

submitted by /u/hetlot
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment