Saturday, December 22, 2018

Help with a boring bean soup

I'm making a bean soup for my family for Christmas Eve. I can't add heat because my family can't take it. I have people with milk allergies, so this must be not just vegetarian but vegan. Also, I'd like the keep the sodium low.

  • Hurst's 15 Bean Soup Blend (skipped the seasoning)
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 onions
  • 2 green Bell Peppers
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
  • 2 cans green chiles (mild)
  • 3 carrots
  • Cumin
  • Thyme
  • Bay Leaves
  • Sage
  • Rosemary
  • Black pepper
  • 2 Tbs soy sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 cup vermouth

I ran all the ingredients through my InstantPot. I did the beans on their own and then took a a cup and a half of the beans an blended them until they were smooth. After the two batches cooked in the InstantPot, I put all the ingredients into my enameled Dutch oven in the oven to reduce and fortify the flavor.

It's bland. What can I add to make this bean soup tasty?

submitted by /u/nerve8
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment