Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Appetizer: Bruschetta Bites

So I had these at an event at a local retail store and knew I could recreate it, but they’re delicious, easy to prep and have DONE so here goes:

You’ll need: Toothpicks or small skewers Mozarella pearls/balls, as long as they’re drained Fresh basil leaves, one pack went further than I expected A package of grape tomatoes, this will really depend on how many skewers you make based on how many tomatoes you have available so if you need to appetize a lot of folks you may want to double up on the tomatoes, I will say the package of mozarella pearls were very small so I barely made a dent in the package so depending on the size of the cheese keep that in mind in regards to how many you expect to make... And finally a balsamic based vinegarette, I picked up the Kraft Olive Oil vinegarette that said balsamic. It worked well.

Needless to say, basil is a pretty potent herb to use especially fresh so if it’s a big leaf maybe tear it into 2-3 pieces you don’t want to overwhelm them w/ too much basil, but I did tomato, basil, pearl on a toothpick, literally bite sized, perfect for the pre-meal chatting to snack on, and basically surround some sort of bowl big or small depending on what you have and how much you’re making and basically I prepped them and the. All I had to do was dump some out, squirt some of the dressing in a Pioneer Woman lil brulee cup things, everyone seemed to love them.

I just really like how simple, easy this recipe is but it’s so good!!! When I first tasted one I was like “wow this tastes like biting into a piece of bruschetta bread but w/o the bread really!” ENJOY!

submitted by /u/JosShavaughn
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment