Thursday, July 30, 2020

Homemade coconut yogurt is runny

Hi there, I tried making homemade coconut yogurt for the first time but it is runny, almost like a milk instead of a yogurt. What could I have done wrong? Here's the recipe I followed:

- 400 ml coconut milk, low fat, no sugar (the kind you drink, not the kind you cook with)

- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch

- 1 teaspoon probiotic powder

  1. Dissolve tapioca starch in a bit of coconut milk. Add to the remaining milk.
  2. On a pan, heat the coconut milk + tapioca starch until 60ºC, whisking continously.
  3. Let milk cool to 43ºC. Add probiotic and mix.
  4. Get the mixture in the yogurt maker for 6 hours. The yogurt has been sitting on my fridge for 18 hours and it is running.

I'm keen on doing coconut yogurt again but I want to get it right next time. I'd like to use either tapioca starch or gelatin sheets as thickener as these are the ingredients I have at home. What could I have done wrong?

Also, is there any way to save my yogurt now? I don't like smoothies so sadly that's not an option.

Thank you,

submitted by /u/VivianSherwood
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment