Monday, November 26, 2018

Recipe for cheese/bacon toast hors d'oeuvres?

My mom was not a great cook, so she didn't make much. One thing she did make this time of year was some little cheesy toasts with bacon on them. I would like to make them just to bring her "spirit" (not literally) around again, but I don't remember the recipe. I am sure she got it from a magazine or old cookbook, so I'm hoping maybe someone recognizes it. The parts I do remember: the topping had grated cheddar cheese and dry mustard (and maybe onions?). The base was white bread - crusts cut off and cut in quarters. The cheesy mixture was put on top each of the bread squares, then a one-inch piece of (fairly certain it was raw) bacon on top. Then the squares were baked (or maybe broiled?).

I know that it doesn't sound like a very fancy thing, but it's more about tasting that exact memory rather than making something more detailed.

submitted by /u/skyvalleysalmon
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment