Sunday, November 26, 2017

Your favorite/family recipe!

Hi all,

I always find that you get the best recipes from family and friends that share recipes. I’m getting married in 2018, and I’d like to build a nice recipe book of great recipes for myself and I thought it’d be nice to share with all.

I’ll start by sharing my tried and true pumpkin roll recipe!!!

Roll Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2/3 cup pumpkin
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 cup flour Filling Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp. softened butter
  • 1 block of softened cream cheese
  • 3/4 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup powered sugar

Directions:

Put on some festive holiday music. Jenna asked me if I wanted Sinatra Christmas, Bing Crosby, or Soft Rock Christmas. "Jenna", I sighed, "You had me at Sinatra."

Preheat oven to 375 degrees (if your oven is usually pretty strong (like Jenna's) you may need to lower the temperature to 360 degrees.

Butter your jelly roll pan (or cookie sheet with edges).

Mix together the roll ingredients.

Pour into the pan and spread evenly. It's going to seem thin, but don't worry it rises and spreads out.

Bake for 12-15 minutes.

With a spatula loosen the edges and do the best you can to be sure the bottom is detached from the pan.

Make a clean (lint free) dish towel wet and squeeze out the extra water. Lay it on the table.

With care, flip the pan so that the cake falls onto the towel. Roll up the cake into the towel.

Let cool about 20-25 minutes.

Mix up the filling ingredients.

Unwrap the towel and spread filling evenly over the cake.

As tightly as you can, roll the cake (without the towel this time) up.

Place (seam down) into a sheet of tin foil and tightly wrap it.

Cool in refrigerator for at least 8 hours before eating.

submitted by /u/whitebreadboard
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment