Sunday, November 26, 2017

Need help with my chocolate chip cookie recipe

Made a batch of chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Texture was on point, soft chewy middle, crisp edges, but they didn't spread out very nicely, more cookie in the middle.

There are chocolate chips in them I swear. I just ate the more chocolatey ones first

Recipe:

1 stick of room temperature butter (soft but held its shape, plopped in the mixer)

1.25 cups all purpose flour

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

3/4 tspn baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 tablespoon coffee

1 cold egg

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1/2 tspn kosher salt

Baked at 350F for 7 minutes, then rotated pan and baked for 9 minutes. I forgot to grab some parchment so I put foil UNDER the pan. Pan was placed in lower 1/3 of oven. I did let the batter hang out in the fridge for two hours to marinade. I scooped cold batter onto the pan with a cookie scoop. It made 20 cookies.

Not sure if I put too much baking soda, or if the dough was too cold, but they just didn't spread as evenly as I wished for. They were still really tasty and my neighbors loved them.

Any advice on where I went wrong?

submitted by /u/labialabialabia
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment