Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Partially Cooked Packaged Home Fries?

I was given a massive bag of "home fries" at work today. I use the quote because that's what the package says - they don't really look like what I would call home fries. They are sliced into discs (like you'd see for scalloped potatoes) and I'm fairly sure they're par-boiled already - seem too soft to just be cut up.

I'm not really sure how best to prepare these so they don't turn into mush. My instinct is to make a hash of some kind, but I don't know if they'd just fall apart in the pan. I don't own a deep fryer so that's out, but I do have a Dutch oven so if frying is the only way to go I can make it happen.

I appreciate any advice you guys might have for me. Thanks!

submitted by /u/littlestcomment
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment