Sunday, September 24, 2017

Workshopping some pies - help request

Okay. There are a couple pies I'd like to try to figure out how to make, and I'm not sure where to start, so help me out, hivemind. I want to turn a duck banh mi sandwich into a pot pie. I am thinking to use a biscuit crust for the top, possibly baked separately and added on. I would pickle some veggies - not sure if those should be baked or not. Then a spicy mayo drizzle for the top. Maybe jalapeno, mint, and cilantro in the crust or the biscuits. Thoughts? How would you go about this? That's as far as I've gotten so far.

Second, I made these spring rolls last week with nectarine, avocado, and imitation crab, and my boyfriend wants them as a pie. NO clue where to go. I have thought about avocado mousse (although a lot of that would be overwhelming), and I've thought about using rice flour in the crust to reflect the rice paper, but otherwise, that's the end of my thought process.

Help? Be creative.

submitted by /u/custodescustodiet
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment