Wednesday, September 27, 2017

San Francisco Sourdough Waffles

I'm actually not a huge waffle fan. But my uncle made some leavened waffles once that were awesome. I was playing around with sourdough starter for awhile, so it was a natural progression to wanna try some sourdough waffles.

For sure the best recipe I've pulled together in a long time. If you can get yourself some natural SF sourdough, I highly recommend giving this a try. Sourdough and maple syrup are awesome together. Full recipe including video and photos here.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup grapeseed oil (or sub any oil with a neutral flavor)
  • 1/2 cup sourdough starter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Directions

  1. If you live in an area where there's enough yeast in the air, you can make your own starter easily. Just mix flour and water. Every day, add a little more flour and water. When it starts to double in volume after a feeding, it's ready to go.

  2. A little trick. I get tired of feeding my starter sometimes. So I spread some starter out on parchment and let it dry for a few days. Then I crumble it up and store it in a zip lock bag. Add a chunk to a brand new starter and it will activate faster.

  3. So, once you have your starter going, if you're feeding it correctly, you'll quickly have more than you know what to do with. That's where this recipe comes in handy.

  4. Combine all of the ingredients. Mix well. Put the mixture in the fridge overnight. The next day, use it to make waffles like you normally would. Easy... and, like I mentioned, particularly delicious with real maple syrup.

submitted by /u/snack_blaster
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment