Saturday, October 26, 2019

Recipe Help! We love my Great Grandmother’s Galette cookies but have such a terrible time making them.

Recipe: 1lb butter - melted 12 egg yolks 1/2t salt 1/2 C whipping cream 2T pure vanilla 5C flour 1.5C sugar 2C br. Sugar

Cool butter. Beat yolks until light &thick. Add cream, salt & vanilla. Blend in cooked butter. Mix flour &sugars. Mix liquid & dry ingredients. Chill overnight. Form into small balls and cook on waffle iron.

When we make these they disintegrate. We added 1t of baking powder to the mix years ago and they keep their shape better but it’s still as if all the butter disappears and leave behind weird crumbles. We had a special old school waffle iron that was passed down from great grandma that we’d use for them but it has since vanished, so now I use my waffle maker at home. I remember having these turn out once while growing up and they were incredible. Mom and I have tried again and again with no luck. (Every couple of years I attempt them again, hopeful that the outcome will be different but without success) It’s to the point that everyone in the family (aunts, cousins, etc) talks about how much we love them but they’re too impossible to make.

My latest attempt I did with the balls preformed and frozen and the waffle iron temp on the lowest setting - same result.

Any ideas on how to make these work? I’d love to surprise everyone with them at Christmas!!

submitted by /u/peromiamigo
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment