Thursday, October 31, 2019

anybody have ideas for stovetop recipes?

i live in an apartment building that has pre-installed appliances. basically my microwave, fridge, and oven are complete pieces of crap. my microwave holds smells for a long time and kills itself any time i make popcorn (it always comes back up a few minutes later but like?? wtf??) my main problem with my appliances is that my oven is the biggest POS of them all. uneven heating zones, doesn’t let you know when it’s fully warmed up, and shuts off in the middle of me using it (if anybody also has tips for using an older oven that would be cool too) and pretty much everything i cook in there ends up undercooked or overcooked, never fully cooked. it’s like my oven lives in the twilight zone.

because of this i subconsciously started making exclusively stovetop foods (soups, jambalaya, taco meat, etc.) as much as i love those things, i have quickly run out of ideas. i don’t want to keep making the same recipes over and over. i would like to keep things interesting as dinner is my husband’s main source of food (he and i don’t usually eat breakfast, and his lunch time is not guaranteed and most days he’ll eat some jerky or pringles whenever he does get a lunch) so i like to make hearty, filling things with lots of protein (my husband is supposed to gain a bit of weight to stay within his job requirements - he’s in the army. don’t worry, everything i make includes veggies and all the good things nutrition-wise)

if anybody has ideas or stovetop recipes they enjoy i would appreciate it!! we’re on a budget so while buying meals that are mainly frozen seem convenient, i’ve discovered that it’s usually much cheaper for me to get all the individual ingredients myself and spend more time preparing it. thanks!!

submitted by /u/AmoGra
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment