Thursday, February 22, 2018

Quick and Simple Pancakes

For photos, tips, tricks and topping ideas check full post here

Ingredients:

2 Cups All-purpose Flour

2 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder

1 Tsp salt

1 1/2 cups milk (I used Lactose Free Organic Valley milk)

1 egg

3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled (I used the lightly salted Lactose Free Green Valley Butter and cut my salt measurement in half, you can also use oil)

1-2 tsp. oil

1 Tbsp white sugar (optional)

Optional Additions:

1 Tsp orange zest

1/4 cup chocolate chips, I usually just sprinkle these bad boys over the pancake as soon as I put it in the pan, then I quickly cover it with bits of batter. You can also fold into the batter before cooking.

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.

  2. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk, egg, melted butter and orange zest.

  3. Mix ingredients until just combined enough to moisten flour (DO NOT OVERMIX! Lumps are OK!)

  4. Oil your pan and heat on medium-low (you can use a griddle, but I use my cast iron skillet).

  5. Once the pan is heated, scoop out 1/4 cup of batter into the pan.

  6. If you are using chocolate chips: quickly sprinkle desired amount of chocolate chips on pancake and cover with small amounts of batter.

  7. Once the batter begins to bubble, the sides begun to solidify and the bottom browns (2-4 min.), flip it over.

  8. Brown the other side and remove from pan.

  9. Once you’ve finished all of your pancakes serve them with some warm maple syrup (or whatever else floats your boat)!

I'd love to hear additional tips or any questions you might have about this recipe!

submitted by /u/FOX14
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment