Tuesday, December 31, 2019

How to tell when is garlic "fragrant" after adding to hot oil?

A lot of recipes (Cooks Illustrated in particular) say to cook garlic (and ginger) until fragrant.

I understand that you want to make sure not to cook it too long, so that's why they specify. To me, though, it's pretty fragrant raw, and I'm not sure how to tell the difference between the raw fragrance and the cooked-enough fragrance.

I'm usually pretty conservative about it, so I'll mix in whatever else the recipe calls for sooner rather than later, but I'm wondering if maybe I'm getting less flavor than I could be.

This question has been bugging me for a while, and damn if I'm going to let another year go by before getting it answered! Thanks!

submitted by /u/cmaronchick
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment