Saturday, December 28, 2019

Looking for an apricot candy recipe from Gourmet Magazine, c. 1960

Hi everyone,

Today my dad shared a story with me about my grandmother writing to Gourmet Magazine and getting published, sometime around 1960. She had made an apricot candy recipe, and ended up burning herself so badly she destroyed the recipe in a fit of rage. However, the candy ended up being so delicious that she wrote in to share her story and asked them to republish it, which they did. My dad believes these were a Christmas candy of some sort, so maybe a November or December issue?

I've tried searching for the recipe myself, but unfortunately Gourmet's website does not seem to have been maintained since the magazine went out of publication. Most of the links redirect to unrelated pages on Epicurious, and I've had no luck searching there either. I know some folks collect old copies, so I thought I'd put a call out in case anyone knows what I'm talking about or wants to peruse their collections for the recipe.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

submitted by /u/dessine-moi-un-chat
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment