Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Ray's Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

I shared a story and recipe two years ago which arose from a "cookie exchange" at work.

[ Post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/recipes/comments/5zfa4e/peanut_butter_vanilla_cookies/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share ]

When a coworker said she was going to bring in Triple Chocolate Chip cookies, I swore I'd bring in quadruple vanilla cookies. It was my first time baking cookies, but they actually turned out good.

I took a triple chocolate chip cookie recipe and tweaked it to achieve my prior results. Then about a year ago, I swore I'd tweak the recipe and make chocolate chip cookies. One year later, I finally felt motivated enough to do it. This is my second time baking cookies, but they actually turned out to be really delicious.

My technique and approach even improved greatly in my humble opinion. It took me all day the first time. This time I split the process into two days, deciding to chill the dough overnight instead of for a few hours. Things went much quicker.

Although maybe they could have used more chocolate chips.

Here is the recipe:

NOTE: THE RECIPE COULD PROBABLY BENEFIT IN A SLIGHT INCREASE OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS, MORSELS, AND PIECES

Ingredients

  1. 1.5 sticks of butter (I used salted)
  2. 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  3. .5 cup of light brown sugar
  4. 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
  5. 2 large eggs
  6. 2 tsp cream cheese
  7. 1/4 cup of molasses
  8. 1 pk instant vanilla pudding mix
  9. 1/2 cup of powdered chocolate peanut butter
  10. 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
  11. 6 oz melted white chocolate** (I used two types one specifically for baking and one that was either Lindt or Ghirardelli)
  12. 1/2 cup melted butterscotch morsels
  13. 1/4 cup cookie butter
  14. Add 1/2 cup of vanilla or plain yogurt
  15. 2 cups all-purpose flour
  16. 1 tsp baking soda
  17. Salt (I used a few pinches of sea salt
  18. 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
  19. 1/3 cup of nestle chocolate morsels
  20. 4oz of milk chocolate broken into pieces (I used baker's chocolate and a regular Hershey Bar.)

You'll also need:

  1. Parchment paper
  2. Cling wrap
  3. Wisk
  4. Cookie scoop***
  5. 2 baking sheets minimum
  6. Large bowl

Leave butter out for 15-20 mins so it warms to room temperature; cut into smaller squares to speed up process.

  1. Mix the ingredients below well with a whisk until texture is creamy.

    1.5 sticks of butter 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract .5 cup of light brown sugar 2/3 cup of granulated sugar 2 large eggs 2 tsp cream cheese 1/4 cup of molasses

  2. Scrape down sides of bowl; add ingredients below; mix until just combined

    1 pk instant vanilla pudding mix 1/2 cup of powdered chocolate peanut butter** 1/4 cup of cocoa powder 6 oz melted white chocolate** 1/2 cup melted butterscotch morsels** 1/4 cup cookie butter

**To melt set the microwave to 50% power and run for 1 minute. You will need to run additionally, at 50% stirring every 30 seconds until it is mostly melted. This took me an additional minute for both the white chocolate and butterscotch morsels

  1. Scrape down sides of bowl; add ingredient below; mix until just combined

    Add 1/2 cup of vanilla or plain yogurt

  2. Scrape down sides of bowl; add ingredients below; mix until just combined

    2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp baking soda salt to taste

  3. Scrape down sides of bowl; add ingredients below; mix until just combined

    1/3 cup of chocolate chips 1/3 cup of nestle chocolate morsels 4oz of milk chocolate broken into pieces

  4. Cover bowl with cling wrap and chill dough in refrigerator over night

Baking instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 °F

  2. Cover your baking sheets with oven safe parchment paper.

  3. Use a medium cookie scoop and place about 12 mounds (or whatever seems reasonable) on a single baking tray. Make sure they are spaced out.

  4. Bake for about 15 minutes. ( I baked a single tray at a time. So I did this about 5 times. As the dough was sitting out for a little while, and warming up, I lowered my cook time after the second batch. By the 3rd it was 14 minutes, 4th 13 minutes, and 5th was 12 minutes)

  5. Cookies will firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes.

  6. Enjoy and share with the people you love

***The cookie scoop I bought:

Solula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop, 2-YEAR Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNQNN99/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mQF5Cb1ZB3ZYS

submitted by /u/Zzzq0_epzzz
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment