Thursday, March 22, 2018

Bean and Gravy Recipe?

Back around 2001, I went through basic training in the US Army. A lot of times if we were having a field exercise, they would bring hot food from the mess hall to the field. One of the sides that they would bring were either pinto beans or maybe black eye peas in some kind of gravy. It was very delicious. I would imagine it was a pretty standard recipe throughout the Armed forces. So, any current or former Army cooks out there that may be able to provide the recipe?

Edit: Just to clarify, it seemed to be a brown gravy, possibly of the beef variety. Before anyone tells me to just mix beef gravy and pinto beans, believe me I've tried and it isn't even close, so I'm thinking I'm missing something here.

submitted by /u/McPiggers
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment