Monday, January 28, 2019

I want to share my bloody mary secret ingredient: passata!

I have done probably 50 different combinations including this and I don’t have a favorite recipe because I get excited to try new ingredients!

Instead of posting a recipe, I just wanted to share an ingredient that has made the quality of my Bloody Mary mix just skyrocket!

PASSATA!

Passata is a medium-thick, pourable, uncooked red tomato sauce made from crushed and strained San Marzano tomatoes. I usually find it in the Italian section of the grocery, not with the other tomato sauces. The raw tomato taste added the most amazing burst of freshness and the thick texture added gives an amazing consistency.

Every couple of weeks I bottle up a new batch. I love using my ikea 34oz korken bottle with stopper. I fill about 3 parts tomato juice, 1 part passata and then add in any seasonings/sauces that I’m using to kick it up a notch. I use less tomato juice if my extra ingredients are sauces.

Some of my favorite add ins have been:

Peri Peri seasoning Peppercorn steak sauce Caribbean Jerk Marinade Aleppo Pepper Fresh Basil Fresh Cilantro Togarashi

Not all together of course, but in different variations I’ve made! When ready for a glass, I just pour vodka over ice, add a lemon or lime wedge, fill with the mix and stir.

Bloodys in restaurants just aren’t the same now!

submitted by /u/low_power_mode
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment