Monday, October 30, 2017

[Request] "Celery Casserole" - slivered almonds, chicken, mushroom soup...but it's missing something ...

Several years back, some older ladies at my church made my family a delicious casserole. I figured out the recipe by searching online, but have since lost it. I tried to recreate it the tonight, but it just didn't taste right. I know the original for SURE had celery, water chestnuts, slivered almonds, and Ritz crackers. I'm pretty sure it was also a chicken and rice-based casserole, because it was definitely the main dish, and not a veggie side dish like many of the recipes I'm finding online. So, for the one I made tonight, I started with this side dish recipe: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/celery-casserole-25385 but added chicken and rice.

It was okaaaaay, but just not as good as I remember the original being. It also didn't really stick together (I added more soup to make up for the addition of rice, but it was still much more like a stir fry than a casserole.)

What am I missing? It was so delicious...ultimate comfort food.

submitted by /u/adiostrasero
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment