Sunday, July 23, 2017

Help With Developing a Healthy Menu Without Stove/Oven

Hello All,

Any and all help that I could get in this would be fantastic! I am looking to open a cafe/restaurant near a big university in the Midwest that is next to one of the most popular bars for the school. It is a block south of the main strip and there is nothing else near the bar except houses. Additionally, there are few healthy food options during the day and hardly any nearby options for food after 10pm everyday of the week- I am terribly familiar with this predicament due to my classes not getting out until 10pm when I was in grad school.

I am looking to convert my house which is an old 1920's bank building to do this idea, but since the building was originally a bank, it has the foundation like a tank and the area is quite small too. It has 1 ft. thick concrete walls and this makes it very expensive to build a traditional kitchen and since I am not rich, a kitchen wouldn't be practical for an idea that may fail. So I am looking for healthy and delicious food that can be made without a stove/oven.

I am thinking about lots of different options like a conveyor oven for sandwiches, but not sure what else there is. I want to have food that will be appealing during the day while people are studying and for the drunk kids leaving the bar at night. Would love to hear from you guys and any recipe ideas that you have! Thanks for any help in advance!

TLDR: I need to think of recipes in a menu that are delicious for morning/afternoon studying and when people are coming back from the bar looking for drunk food- all without the use of an oven/stove/deep fryer.

submitted by /u/moooverson
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment