Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Has anyone ever come across a recipe for actual restaurant style Fried Rice?

I'll try to make a long story short, so here goes.

I really like chinese takeout fried rice. So I tried making it at home. I can't. I tried a bunch of recipes, modified my stove to put out more heat, messed with ingredient portions, rice style and dryness, bought white pepper and MSG and a bunch of ingredients I'll never use again.

But everything I do keeps giving me the same results. This fucking nonsense;

https://imgur.com/gjZGuPD

That is not what fried rice is. It's never looked like that. Not in a million years. For starters, it should look like this.

https://imgur.com/gdnVuXP

It's one solid color, there's nothing in it besides rice and pork. It tastes nothing like soy sauce, oyster sauce, onion or garlic.

I figure there are 5 million people in this country who make this 200 times a day for a living. Does anyone have a written down explanation of how I make it? I just assume if the recipe calls for eggs, peas or onions, it's wrong. Someone help me.

submitted by /u/IIIPJ
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment