Saturday, July 1, 2017

Trading Family secret recipes (Focaccia)

I'm trying to increse my ability to cook and improve being able to help my elderly parents with meals. So I thought, why not trade recipes!

This has been in my family since my mother's step-father Dee made it. I usually add some Kalamata olives into the dough along with rosemary but those are optional.

1 1/4 cups warm water 1/2 tbsp sugar (Optional to add to the water before adding yeast) 1tbsp active yeast 1 tsp salt (I like sea salt but any works) 1tbsp olive oil. Personally, I always use extra virgin. 3-4 cups of flour.

Add the yeast to the water, and add sugar once yeast starts to bloom (Unless you added it before yeast) Then add salt, oil and any additional adds you want, such as garlic, olives or rosemary. Then add to a processor/KitchenAid until dough is not very tacky. At this point, you want to make sure if you need to add more flour you do so now.

Put it on a flat, lightly floured surface and begin to knead. Do so until it feels like a firm, but bouncy baby's butt. Don't question it, you'll know a baby's butt when you touch the dough.

Preheat oven after an initial rise of half an hour to an hour. Depending on your location. Colder climates need more time to rise. I punch it down and repeat to get fluffier.

Oven should be preheated at 375 F 190 C for 40 minutes.

punch little finger dents in it, brush it with garlic oil (Just minced garlic in oil) Or with a beaten egg. (I don't eat eggs so I use oil as a substitute)

Spray the baking sheet with pam, or equivalent and put a bit of corn meal if you have it. Let rise another 5 mins. Slap it in the oven and wait till it's golden brown on top!

Enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing your recipes!

submitted by /u/CreciousC
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment