Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Super Bowl Salsa

11 Cups cut up tomatoes 4 cups cut up onions 4 cut up green peppers 3 cut up red peppers 1/3 cup white sugar 2 tablespoon salt 1 cup white vinegar Put all ingredients in big stock pot and cook until liquid disappears. Makes 10 pints, put flats and rims on jars. Water bath for 35 - 40 minutes. The stockpot that I use for this I got from littletobigkitchens.com. You can use 3 quarts of tomatoes that you canned in place of the cup up tomatoes. I have a big garden so I just can all the tomatoes in the fall and make this salsa in the winter when I have more time to do it. I also learned on social media that you can put flat and rims on jars and tip the upside down to let them seal then you eliminate the step of the water bath. I am going to try this. Also a pint of the salsa works good in a batch of chili. Enjoy.

submitted by /u/kitchengeek
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment