Sunday, January 28, 2018

Looking for an authentic egg flower/egg noodle recipe.

Alright guys, I have a few major problems here, but to outline the necessity for why I need this recipe I can tell you these facts 1) I'm pregnant 2) I'm craving egg flower soup 3) my favorite Chinese food place isn't open because the owner is in Hong Kong for a month.

Now, I'm not the greatest when it comes to palate, but a few things are certain to me about the egg flower soup from my local restaurant.

BROTH- The broth is not too thin, or too thick. It's slurpable, but not as much as chicken noodle, just a tad bit thicker. This leads me to believe they either use a chicken stock as the base, or a chicken broth with a slight bit of corn starch. COLOR- VERY light yellow. To the point where it's almost not noticeable it looks a little white with a hint of yellow. FLAVOR: The flavor is pretty flat, not containing hardly any spice. I think there may be salt and some white pepper. No discernible onion, ginger, or garlic, and no soy sauce.

ADDED INGREDIENTS: The only ingredients I see when I eat this soup are carrot, tofu, and a handful of egg whisps. It's not too heavily egged and the eggs aren't curdled. The broth is still separate of the egg, which I like because in a lot of recipes I've looked at, the egg is so thick it makes the soup look gross.

So, I've unsuccessfully tried a few recipes over the last few months so I wouldn't have to pay Shao to make it for me. And she's very tight lipped about the recipe. I've even tried buying packets of the stuff from our local grocery store from our very small town, thinking maybe she gets it from packets. Nothing.

Recipe after recipe the broth is too dark, too yellow, too robust/flavorful, and I can't manage to get the egg right.

I'm just wondering, is there a traditional low ingredient egg flower soup? I tried another local Chinese food restaurant out of desperation but theirs had egg noodles, bamboo, water chestnuts and the consistency was that of gravy and I was seriously displeased. The color was also a very dark yellow.

I know I sound like I'm super entitled, but none of the recipes look correct on google and I'm out of options. Someone get this pregnant lady some egg flower soup!!!

submitted by /u/CottonCandyTacos
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment