Monday, March 2, 2020

Large batch, freezable, healthy recipes?

I'm trying to eat healthier than I have been. I'm not really going full health-nut, but I'm trying to cook mainly with healthy fats and whole foods (believe me, this is a step up from from my historical eating habits). My spare time is a bit chaotic -- I struggle to find the time to reliably cook fresh meals. So I depend very heavily on making large batches on the odd weekend and freezing for the future. I have a couple very dependable recipes for chili and beef barley soup that freeze quite well, but the same two meals over and over gets preeeetty old. Does anyone have any recommendations for recipes that can be easily doubled and freeze well? I have the larger size Instant Pot that I use as a slowcooker for those two recipes, so I do have an Instant Pot.

Small aside, there are multiple recipes that I want to try out, but I'm not sure how well they would freeze. Obviously soups, stews, chili etc do a pretty good job of defrosting, but what about just a straight up salmon fillet with some vegetables? Has anyone tried freezing asparagus, brussel sprouts, peppers, green beans?

Apologies if this isn't quite on topic, I poked around and couldn't find a more appropriate subreddit!

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Peregrine2976
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment