Monday, October 15, 2018

Fancy dinner party suggestions for 6 people

We are having a fancy dinner party to celebrate the paying off of our mortgage. We have a fancy $$$ bottle of red wine we saved for the occasion. My husband wanted to hire a chef but I LOVE to cook and insisted that that’s just for people who can’t cook. That I would do it. My skills: I’m off the boat Italian so I can make pasta from scratch, etc. and I can cook anything well. What I don’t want to do: grill.

So I was thinking:

Charcuterie Ossobuco with saffron risotto Arugula salad with shaved Parm and lemon dressing Some sort of dessert (crostata? Tiramisù?)

Thing is, is that my husband doesn’t like “tendony fatty” meat so I don’t think ossobuco would work with him.

He does want beef because he thinks it would go best with the expensive bottle of red wine we have.

So yeah. We want a fancy dinner. The only thing I’m kinda set on is the charcuterie board for munchies before the meal.

So I still need some ideas for a cohesive meal that would look good on fancy china: Appetizer Entree side Salad Dessert

submitted by /u/debawesome
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment