Thursday, September 13, 2018

Looking for an apparently unusual recipe for Terraine de Pate

I am looking for help with this recipe because as unlikely as it sounds, it rates as perhaps the best savory appetizer I have ever put in my mouth. I get that this sounds unlikely and I really wasn't expecting to like it much. Ok with each other as long as meetings are rare pretty much sums up my feelings for pate up to the point where I tasted an absolute jewel of a terraine de pate in Versailles. The town not the palace. I've googled and I don't get anything quite like it.

The terraine had I think duck pate and some vegetables. From what I remember it contained carrots, potatoes, some chopped herbs, maybe red bell pepper, and probably courgettes. It was unlike any of the terraine de pate I come up withgoogling. It was presented on a plate as about a quarter inch thick slice which had a very enticing artistic stained glass appearance. Somewhat similar to this vegetable terraine, but imagine it much more attractively laid out. Not as detailed as these, but similar with clear gel in place of the black frames on three sides. Every single morsel was a work of art delightfully infused with a meaty garlic, herbs, and onions flavor.

The clear gel was ever so slightly colored so it may be possible they boiled the vegetables used in the design plus garlic, onion, and herbs in the liquid it was made from, thus infusing it with flavor. I have a suspicion the gel may even have been actual aspic made from scratch from duck or chicken bones although it was quite clear so perhaps strained very thoroughly?

Any tenuous aid in locating information appreciated. I really want to try to make it, but I just don't know how much garlic, onion, and herbs to boil up with the liquid to start with.

submitted by /u/SillyOldBears
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment