Sunday, September 9, 2018

[Request] What are your top favorite low-cal snacks and recipes? I'm particularly interested in higher protein and fiber ones, but I'd love to hear about all your favorites... since I'm trying to keep the calories count under 1700/day. What are your top ones?

Hi everyone, I've been working with a nutritionist and things are going well... I've got my fiber/protein/cal/sugar/weight goals and starting to transform my old body, but I do default back to filling up too many calories with good chocolate. Thus, seeking other snacks and great lower-cal recipes. I've had some from the nutritionist, but open the question up to you all in case it makes for a good conversation and maybe it'll uncover some wonderful new things to eat. Currently my favorite snacks are:
- Non-fat greek or Icelandic yogurt with a little honey and some type of seeds/grains
- Wasabi peas
- Guacamole for a lot of fiber, though it's a killer for calories
- Edamame
- Soups like chicken/veg
- Kambucha ice teas from Trader Joe's (50-70 cals and really tasty)
- Trying to find a new recipe to use for cucumbers
- Egg whites in/on just about anything

I know, boring as hell, so looking forward to your tips. Thanks!

submitted by /u/jeremyjava
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment