Monday, September 10, 2018

[Request] Salsa help

Hello! I've been trying to perfect my salsa recipe on weekends for about a month or two now. I'm trying to get a spicier flavor and the consistency of a Mexican restaurant salsa. I've played around and this is what I've been snacking on for awhile:

5-6 large tomatoes

3 green onions, white and green part used

Half a bunch of cilantro

2 jalapenos (I usually use the seeds from one and half from the other)

A squeeze of lime juice

Salt to taste

Adobo to taste

Throw everything into a food processor and pulse until satisfied.

It's good, but I want to make it great. I have no issue trying different ingredients or techniques. I've hand cut everything before to make a chunky pico (with red onions subbed for the green). My worry is over spicing and making something inedible. I'm also in the north east so I'm basically out of the best season for the freshest ingredients, and I like everything from scratch/fresh as possible.

Would roasting the tomatoes and jalapenos bring out a more desirable flavor? Should I be using a different kind of onion?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/happyasfu_k
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment