Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Simple Pumpkin Puree

It is that time of year again, pumpkins everywhere. Personally, I love to use things when they are in season, and this puree serves as a great base for any number of recipes. I have a few low carb recipes on [ketoto.me](ketoto.me) that use this puree, I would love if you check them out.

Ingredients:

1 Pumpkin (I used a medium/small pumpkin)

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 325
  • Cut pumpkin in half and remove the seeds and fibrous strings, set aside (makes excellent roasted pumpkin seeds)
  • Line a baking sheet with foil, and cover the pumpkin halves with foil (cut side up)
  • Roast for 1 hour - or until tender, test with a fork for a soft pumpkin flesh
  • Remove from oven and let cool, scoop out the pumpkin meat (I used an ice cream scoop) and blend until pureed

Macros (Makes about 5, 1 cup servings but varies on pumpkin size):

  • Protein: 2
  • Fat: 0
  • Net Carbs: 10
  • Total Carbs: 20
submitted by /u/ketotome
[link] [comments]

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment